Cannabis teas, or cannabis-infused drinks, provide an easy and convenient way to consume your favorite strain of weed. The unique combination of cannabinoids and the presence of the right amount of fats and enzymes in teas make them more absorbable than smoking a joint, vaping wax, or edibles. Cannabis teas are used for relaxation and stress relief as well as sleep induction. They are also used to stimulate appetite, relieve pain, combat nausea and reduce muscle spasms. Here’s more information on how they can help you deal with stress, anxiety, pain, insomnia, headaches, cramps or other conditions.
What is a cannabis tea?
Like edibles, cannabis-infused teas are beverages that are infused with cannabinoids such as THC and CBD. Unlike edibles, however, they don’t contain any additional nutrients and are not meant to be ingested on their own. Instead, they are primarily used as an ingredient in recipes and beverages that use tea as a primary ingredient. The primary difference between edibles and cannabis teas is that instead of being made from the whole plant (or parts of the plant such as flowers or leaves) they are made from the flowers or leaves of the hemp plant. Cannabis teas are made by infusing leaves or flowers of the hemp plant with ground cannabinoids, fats and/or any other ingredients such as herbs and spices. Because hemp is a member of the cannabis family, the flowers or leaves can be infused with cannabinoids such as THC and CBD.
Benefits of consuming cannabis in teas
- When consumed in moderation, the right type of cannabis-infused drink can help relieve pain and promote sleep. They can also be used for stress relief, nausea, cramps, insomnia, and as a hunger stimulant.
- Because they contain the same active ingredients as their smoked counterparts, they can be used to treat some of the same conditions. For example, if you have stress-related pain, consuming CBD-rich cannabis teas could be beneficial.
- They come in a variety of flavours and formulations, making it easy for you to pick a drink that you enjoy the most.
- They are relatively safe when consumed responsibly. While there have been rare incidents of cannabis-infused drinks being laced with harmful ingredients, they are generally considered to be very safe to consume when done responsibly.
- They are relatively inexpensive.
- They don’t produce any residual smell or taste.
- You can consume them whenever you want, wherever you are, and with minimal preparation.
How to consume your tea
Brew your tea as you normally would, using water that you would normally drink. Don’t brew it for too long, or it may lose potency. Your best bet would be to brew it for 5 minutes. When it’s done brewing, strain the leaves out. You can either put it in a mason jar, or simply drink it out of the pot. If you’d like to add anything to your drink, such as honey, milk, or a lemon slice, you can do so now. However, it’s best to consume it within an hour of brewing, as the cannabinoids lose potency quickly.
Tips for choosing the right cannabis tea
- Make sure the strain of cannabis you’re using is appropriate for the type of tea you’re making.
- Make sure to store your infused tea properly. If kept in a cool and dry place, infused teas can last for up to 6 months.
- Always consume your infused tea before bedtime. This will maximize the amount of cannabinoids that will be absorbed into your body.
- If you find that your infused tea has become too strong, you can always double-brew it. This will reduce the amount of cannabinoids in each serving, but you can still consume the same amount of cannabinoids.
- You can choose your own pot, or you can use a pre-brewed cannabis tea bag.
- Make sure that you strain the loose leaves out of your pot or tea bag. This will ensure that you get all of the cannabinoids and terpenes.
- It’s best to drink your drink within an hour of brewing, as cannabinoids will lose potency quickly.
Cannabis is a plant that has been used for thousands of years for a variety of purposes, including as a medicine. While it can be consumed through smoking, vaporizing, eating, or topically, it can also be consumed through brewing it into a beverage. Cannabis tea is a great option for people who want to consume weed but don’t want to smoke or vape, or who don’t have access to edibles. It can also be a good option for people who don’t like smoking or vaping pot. Visit MMJExpress.cc online dispensary for all your cannabis needs.