With an ever-growing list of medical marijuana patients, there are many reasons why people might be considering the use of cannabis. From chronic pain to anxiety, cannabis provides relief for a wide range of ailments.
How weed helps you lose weight
Many people may think that marijuana make them gain weight since many strains are known to cause the munchies, cravings for salty, sweet or fatty carbohydrate-rich foods. This is not always true. In fact, an emerging cannabinoid, THCV (tetrahydrocannabivarin) may help you lose weight.
There are many different cannabinoids found in marijuana that interact with body’s endocannabinoid system (ECS) to regulate some of key bodily functions. Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is known to produce the “high” as well as increase your appetite. Tetrahydrocannabivarin (THCV) has the opposite effect. THCV, also known as “diet weed,” suppresses appetite without the intoxicating effects of marijuana. Unlike THC, THCV is not psychoactive unless consumed in a significantly high dose.
Another popular cannabinoid, CBD, might promote weight loss indirectly by boosting metabolism while reducing body fat. CBD is also widely known to help improve sleep quality and relive pain and stress, which then might help you avoid stress eating.
Stains for Weight Loss
When you’re looking to try out a marijuana strain for weight loss, here are some strains that will do the trick:
- Gorilla Glue #4 – If you want something more powerful than your average indica-dominant hybrid, then Gorilla Glue #4 might be right up your alley! This powerful variety can help people fighting depression while simultaneously encouraging weight loss by stimulating appetite and suppressing the hunger hormone ghrelin in the brain.
- Sour Diesel – This strain’s name says it all; this is a potent and flavorful strain. It’s great for suppressing appetite and giving you energy to get through your day, so it’s perfect for those who want to slim down without putting a lot of effort into it.
- Girl Scout Cookies (GSC) – This popular Indica-dominant hybrid strain is a cross of OG Kush and Durban Poison. GSC contains very high levels of THC and THCV. It is often used to treat anxiety, depression and insomnia.
- Death Bubba –This Indica strain, bred by Matteo Suleyman of Vancouver BC’s Sea to Sky, is created by crossing Death Star and Bubba Kush. Death Bubba is a perfect choice for night time as its semi-sedative effects help you relax and get a deep, restful sleep.
- Dutch Treat – Dutch Treat is a heavily Indica-dominant hybrid between Northern Lights and Haze. It is another perfect night-time strain that offers relaxing and sedating effects. Having a high THCV content, Dutch Treat can help you lose weight by suppressing appetite and helping you go to sleep.
When it comes to the best strains for weight loss, we look for those that will suppress appetite, increase metabolism, and help us relieve stress and anxiety. These strains will not only help you lose weight, but they also come with plenty of other health benefits. Although these strains may promote weight loss by altering your appetite and preventing the munchies, healthy diet and exercise are still important.
At MMJExpress.cc, we offer a huge selection of weed strains to meet your needs and preferences. If you have questions about any of our products, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We are happy to help.