The consumption of cannabis edibles has gained popularity among recreational and medicinal marijuana users. However, it’s crucial to be aware of the dos and don’ts while consuming edibles to avoid making mistakes. This knowledge will ensure a safe and pleasant experience, regardless of whether you are an experienced user or a newbie. This guide will provide you with the necessary information to navigate the world of cannabis edibles confidently. Therefore, let’s dive into the dos and don’ts of consuming cannabis edibles.
How do cannabis edibles work?
THC is the psychoactive compound in cannabis responsible for the “high” feeling. When you smoke or vape cannabis, the THC is absorbed into your bloodstream through your lungs, and the effects are almost immediate. However, when you consume edibles, the THC is metabolized by your liver and converted into a different compound called 11-hydroxy-THC. This compound is more potent than THC. The effects of edibles take longer to kick in, usually between 30 minutes to two hours but lasts much longer.
The benefits of consuming edibles
Cannabis edibles offer several benefits including:
- Longer, more intense high.
- More discreet when compared to smoking or vaping.
- Healthier alternative to smoking.
- Many flavours to choose from.
The dos and don’ts of consuming edibles
Now that we understand how edibles work and their benefits, let’s dive into the dos and don’ts of consuming cannabis edibles.
- Start low and go slow: The potency of edibles can vary significantly. You should always start with a low dose and wait for the effects to kick in before consuming more. A good starting point is 5-10mg of THC, and then gradually increase the dosage as needed.
- Choose the right time and place: Avoid consuming edibles when you have to drive or operate heavy machinery. It’s best to consume them in a safe and comfortable environment where you can relax and enjoy the effects.
- Stay hydrated: Edibles can cause dry mouth, and it’s essential to stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water before and after consuming them.
- Don’t consume too much: Edibles can take up to two hours to kick in, and it’s essential to avoid consuming more until the effects of the first one have fully kicked in. Consuming too much can cause negative side effects.
- Don’t mix with alcohol or other drugs: Mixing edibles with alcohol or other drugs can lead to unpredictable and potentially dangerous effects. It’s best to consume edibles on their own.
- Don’t share with others: Edibles can affect people differently, and it’s essential to avoid sharing them with others. What might be a low dose for you might be too much for someone else, and vice versa.
Common mistakes to avoid when consuming edibles
Even with the dos and don’ts in mind, it’s still easy to make mistakes when consuming edibles. Here are some common mistakes to avoid:
- Not reading the label: The potency of edibles can vary significantly, and it’s essential to read the label to understand the dosage and serving size.
- Consuming too much too soon: Wait for the effects to kick in before consuming more. Consuming too much too soon can lead to an unpleasant experience.
- Not storing properly: Edibles should be stored in a cool, dry place away from children and pets. Improper storage can lead to the degradation of THC, which can affect the potency of the edibles.
Consuming cannabis edibles can be a fun and enjoyable experience when done responsibly. By following the dos and don’ts outlined in this guide, you can have a safe and positive experience with edibles. Remember to start low and go slow, choose the right time and place, and stay hydrated. With these tips in mind, you can navigate the world of cannabis edibles with confidence. Visit MMJExpress.cc online dispensary for all your cannabis needs.