Chronic stress and depression are two of the most common ailments in the world. Stress is a normal response to challenging situations, but when it persists for long periods of time, it takes a toll on our mental and physical health. Depression is also another common mental ailment that affects millions of people across the globe. The majority of them are not aware that cannabis can get rid of both stress and depression in no time. But before we proceed any further, let’s understand what these conditions are and how cannabis can help treat them.
What is Depression?
In simple terms, depression is a debilitating illness of the brain that causes extreme sadness and a general sense of hopelessness. It has no cure and is also called clinical depression. People suffering from clinical depression feel sad and worthless nearly all the time. They often think about death, feel guilt and lack the ability to feel joy and happiness. Depression is usually caused by a mix of genetic and environmental factors. The condition is more common in older adults and is also seen in people who have experienced past trauma, such as childhood abuse. It can also be caused by a certain medication, such as drugs used to treat pain or certain endocrine disorders. Depression can also be a result of certain illnesses such as certain types of cancer, lupus,and epilepsy.
What is Stress?
Stress is caused when our body reacts with alarm to a real or perceived danger. It is also called as “the body’s alarm system”. It works as a warning system to keep you alive. For example, when you are about to take an exam, your body reacts with stress because it thinks that you might fail. However, if you are about to perform an activity that puts your life at risk, then stress becomes a danger. When you are under severe stress, the body produces certain chemicals that affect the brain and make you feel anxious or tense.
Benefits of Cannabis in Treating Stress and Depression
Cannabis has been used for thousands of years as a natural medicine for treating a variety of health conditions, from pain and nausea to anxiety and depression. Now, modern science has also discovered the many benefits of cannabis for these issues.
- Relieves stress and anxiety – Cannabis is a mood lifter that promotes feelings of calm and serenity.
- Improves your memory and concentration – Cannabis has the ability to improve your memory and concentration levels. This is great for anyone who has to study or work on projects that require a lot of focus.
- Reduces feelings of nausea – There is a strong body-mind connection when it comes to stress, anxiety and depression. When you are experiencing stress or anxiety, your cortisol level increases, which makes you feel sick. CBD, an active ingredient in cannabis, has the ability to reduce your cortisol level, which makes you feel less anxious and less sick.
Cannabis Consumption Methods
There are many ways to consume cannabis. Each consumption method affects the brain in different ways. Here’s a breakdown of each consumption method:
- Smoking – Smoking cannabis is the most common method of consumption. When cannabis is smoked, it affects the lungs and is more potent than eating or drinking it because it has been burned.
- Edibles – Cannabis oil is another type of consumption method. When you add it to foods, drink, or use it in edibles, it affects the stomach because it is not inhaled.
- Topicals – Many people also use cannabis as a topical. Topicals contain cannabinoids that produce effects when applied directly to the skin, such as pain relief or relaxation.
- Vaping – Vaping is the most recent type of consumption method. It affects the lungs and the brain at the same time because the cannabinoids are inhaled through the lungs. The cannabinoids then affect the brain by activating receptors.
Side Effects of Cannabis
It’s important to note that the majority of side effects from cannabis are very temporary, and they go away when cannabis use stops. Some of the more common side effects include:
- Dry Mouth
- Blurred Vision
Cannabis has been used as a medicine for thousands of years, and research has shown that it can be beneficial for treating mental health issues such as depression and stress. The best way to reap the benefits of cannabis is to use it as a medicine, rather than as a recreational drug. It’s important to note that the majority of the side effects of cannabis are very temporary and they go away when cannabis use stops, so it’s important to be careful when consuming it. With the right precautions, you can use cannabis to improve your mental health and reduce the stress in your life. Visit MMJExpress.cc online dispensary for all your cannabis needs.