CBD has been gaining a lot of recognition for its numerous health advantages. But did you know this compound found in cannabis plants can also be beneficial for your beloved animal? Cannabidiol, also known as CBD, has the capability to provide relief from pain, anxiety, seizures and other medical conditions. It is non-toxic and non-psychoactive, which means it will not make your pet feel “high” unlike THC. With such a wide variety of potential advantages, there is no surprise that more pet owners are using CBD for their pets. Here, we will look at why you should use CBD on your pets and how it can help them.
What is CBD?
Cannabidiol (CBD) is a chemical compound found in the Cannabis sativa plant. It does not contain tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the psychoactive ingredient in marijuana that produces a high. CBD can be derived from hemp or from non-hemp plants. Hemp is any part of the Cannabis sativa plant with no more than 0.3% of THC. CBD is used in many consumer products, such as foods, oils, lotions, capsules, and cosmetics. Most recently, scientists have found that it can be very effective when given to pets.
Benefits of CBD for pets
CBD is known to provide a range of health benefits to pets, including:
- Pain Management – Pets can experience pain due to injuries, surgical procedures, arthritis, and other conditions. Studies show that CBD oil can be successful in helping reduce pain in dogs suffering from arthritis or other painful conditions.
- Anxiety Reduction – Many pet owners have seen a decrease in stress and anxiety levels in their animals after taking CBD products.
- Seizures – Several types of epilepsy can be treated with CBD as this compound does not produce the same type of high associated with THC, making it safe for pets. Pet owners who have administered CBD in their pets have seen a reduction in seizure activity, with some even improving without the typical side effects of various anti-convulsants.
- Inflammation – CBD oil is often used to address inflammation and pain.
Types of CBD products for pets
There are numerous CBD products that can be obtained for your furry companion. These products come in a variety of forms such as oils, capsules and pet treats. The best way to find out which one is most suitable for your pet is to experiment and then evaluate their response.
- Capsules – CBD oil capsules are straightforward to give and can be taken orally or added to their food. You should always read the label to make sure your pet receives the correct dosage.
- Oil Drops – The liquid form of CBD oil is more palatable to animals, making it easier to administer. It can be sprayed under the tongue or applied to their coat.
- Edibles – CBD edibles are accessible as pet treats and come in a range of flavours, depending on your pet’s preferences.
Risks and side effects of CBD for pets
Although there are no documented risks associated with giving CBD to animals, it is still considered a new form of treatment. It is essential to research and consult with a vet before giving any CBD products to pets. CBD does not have psychoactive properties and will not make animals “high.” However, it can provide the same advantages to animals as it does to humans, such as reducing anxiety, reducing inflammation, anti-seizure effects and relieving pain. According to pet owners, the most common side effect of CBD products is a change in behaviour or appetite. This is likely because most CBD products are given orally, as opposed to being applied topically.
CBD has recently gained massive popularity due to the potential health benefits it offers to both humans and animals. Studies have displayed that CBD can be advantageous for cats and dogs in various ways, from managing pain to subduing stress. In recent years, the usage of CBD for pets has become increasingly fashionable. It is considered to be a safe and natural remedy which can help in reducing inflammation, pain, and joint rigidity in animals. It is capable of treating a wide range of ailments, such as arthritis and cancer. Additionally, CBD can support in boosting the life quality of pets who are suffering from fear or uneasiness. If you are interested in trying CBD for your beloved animals, visit MMJExpress.cc online dispensary today.