Dogs are constantly sniffing, tasting, and exploring their environment. They rely on their noses to help them track down prey, identify threats, and home in on specific scents. As such, feeding your dog CBD through treats is a great way to supplement his natural daily intake. CBD treats for dogs come in many shapes and forms. From homemade recipes like our own to commercially available treats and even pet oils for topical applications, there’s plenty of choice when it comes to giving your pup CBD. We’ll take you through everything you need to know about feeding your canine friend cannabidiol so they get the best possible benefits from it.
What is CBD?
Cannabidiol, or CBD, is one of the major compounds found in hemp. It’s non-psychoactive, meaning it doesn’t cause euphoria in humans or animals when consumed. But it is still an effective treatment for a number of ailments. In pet food, CBD is used to treat anxiety, inflammation, nausea, and pain. It can also be used to promote healthy digestion and improve the absorption of certain nutrients. CBD can be used together with THC and other cannabinoids to create specific products for pets. It is especially useful for treating conditions that respond well to both THC and CBD, such as chronic pain and anxiety. There are over 80 medical uses for CBD in humans, including treating nausea, insomnia, and seizures. In pets, it can be used to reduce inflammation and control pain. It can also be used to promote healthy digestion.
Why Feed Your Dog CBD Treats?
Dogs are incredibly curious creatures that enjoy exploring the world around them. They are also very social animals, meaning they crave human interaction. As such, introducing your dog to CBD treats is a great way to support his social interaction with you and your family. CBD can help dogs with anxiety and behavioral issues. It works by reducing anxiety, helping your dog cope better with unfavorable situations like loud noises or crowds. CBD also has anti-inflammatory properties that can help prevent or manage inflammation in dogs with hip dysplasia, arthritis, OCD, and other conditions.
The Benefits of CBD for Dogs
- Anti-Oxidant Properties – CBD acts as an anti-oxidant, meaning it helps reduce oxidative stress in the body. This can help support healthy thyroid function and reduce the risk of diseases like cancer.
- Anti-Inflammatory Properties – CBD has anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce pain and prevent inflammation in your dog. This means lower risk of autoimmune disorders and joint problems.
- Promotes Healthy Digestion – CBD is a digestive system stimulant, meaning it helps promote healthy digestion and reduce the risk of colitis and other GI issues.
- May Promote Sleep – CBD has anti-anxiety properties and may be able to promote healthy sleep for your dog. This may be especially helpful for dogs with separation anxiety or that wake up because they miss their owner.
Tips for Gaining the Most Out of Your Treats
- Do your research before feeding your dog CBD treats for the first time. Find out if your local veterinarian or animal welfare association has any advice for you.
- Keep your dog hydrated when he consumes CBD treats. CBD is a fat-soluble compound, so it can be easily absorbed in the bloodstream through the skin. Keeping your dog well hydrated can help to prevent him from developing a skin rash as a result of consuming too much CBD.
- Give your dog treats that are small enough to digest. Smaller treats will help to prevent your dog from ingesting too many calories, which can put strain on his stomach.
Feeding your dog CBD treats offers him a natural way to supplement his daily intake of CBD. These treats can help to reduce his anxiety, inflammation, seizures, and other health conditions. They can also improve your dog’s quality of life, as feeding your dog CBD treats can give him energy, improved mental focus, and a happy, healthy outlook. The potential health benefits of CBD for pets are impressive. Visit MMJExpress.net online dispensary for all your cannabis needs.