Cannabis Live Resin is a term used to refer to extracts of the resin glands of the female cannabis plant. These resins are extracted using solvents and then re-purposed into other products. It has a wide range of uses including as an ingredient in edibles and topicals. In this article, we’ll discuss what Cannabis Live Resin is, how it’s extracted, its benefits and risks, and everything else you need to know.
What is Cannabis Live Resin?
Live resin is a term used to describe a specific type of the resin glands of the female cannabis plant. The resin is collected by scraping the plant’s seeds and then placed in alcohol to remove the excess plant material and to concentrate the cannabinoids. The resin is then either consumed separately or combined with other ingredients to create various products. The cannabis plant produces a type of resin known as trichomes. These resins are why cannabis is often referred to as weed. Trichomes are thick and sticky, which is why they form on the flowers and leaves of the plant, and are what make them so appealing to humans. Trichomes are what give cannabis its medicinal properties. When consumed, cannabinoids are absorbed through the skin, lungs, and mouth and then enter the bloodstream where they work to provide therapeutic benefits. For example, THC is what makes cannabis intoxicating and is what causes the “high” sensation. CBD, on the other hand, is known to be anti-inflammatory and anti-anxiety due to its neuroprotective properties.
Benefits of Cannabis Live Resin
- Rich in Terpenes – The cannabinoids in cannabis are considered to be the active compounds of the plant. However, the terpenes present in the plant are also essential for its benefits. Many cannabinoids are improved by the presence of terpenes, making them more bioavailable. The most common terpenes found in Cannabis are sabinene, p-cymene, and limonene.
- Regulates Blood Pressure – Although there aren’t many scientific studies on how live resin affects blood pressure, there are studies demonstrating the benefits of consuming terpenes. Studies have shown that consuming terpenes like limonene and pinene reduces blood pressure.
- Promotes Clear Skin – Another study on live resin and its effects on skin found that after a few weeks of consuming it, the participants’ skin was clearer and less oily.
- Boosts Immunity – The compounds present in live resin, especially pinene and limonene, have the ability to boost immunity and prevent the growth of bacteria.
- Can Lower Risk of Cancers – Pinene and limonene are antioxidants that have been proven to have anti-carcinogenic properties.
- Improves Mental Health – Pinene and limonene have the ability to regulate our biochemistry and improve our mental health. Pinene and limonene have been shown to prevent oxidative stress and inflammation that can result in mood disorders.
Risks of Cannabis Live Resin
Live resin is high in cannabinoids, including THC. There have been multiple studies that show a link between consuming high amounts of THC and side effects like anxiety, paranoia, and paranoia. Some people who consume live resin extract report increased anxiety. There’s no way to know if this is a risk or not unless you consume it yourself. Therefore, live resin is not recommended for those who are prone to anxiety. Live resin is not recommended during pregnancy. There’s not enough research to show if consuming live resin during pregnancy is safe, so it’s important to talk to your doctor before trying it.
Is Cannabis Live Resin Safe to Consume?
The short answer is yes. There haven’t been any studies on the long-term effects of consuming cannabis live resins. However, there are studies that show how the compounds present in the resin have anti-carcinogenic properties, which means that consuming resins from the cannabis plant is safe. There are other benefits of consuming cannabis live resin, such as regulating blood pressure, promoting clear skin, and improving immunity. There haven’t been enough studies on how live resin can affect these aspects of health to determine any significant risks. The good thing about live resin is that it’s consumed just like any other botanical product – and therefore, no health risks are associated with it.
How to Consume Cannabis Live Resin
There aren’t any established methods for consuming cannabis live resin. It can be consumed like any other botanical product and is likely to be sold in tincture or other oil formats. The best way to consume live resin is to consume it in the form of an edible. It’s likely to be sold as an oil-based product, so it can be added to baked goods, granola bars, or other recipes. Live resin is less potent when consumed in this way. Therefore, it’s important to consume the right amount to get the desired effects. Live resin is likely to be sold as a tincture. However, it’s important to note that tinctures can contain a wide range of ingredients, including alcohol. Some live resin products may have alcohol as a component, so it’s important to check the ingredient label if consuming live resin.
Final Words: Should You Add Cannabis Live Resin to Your Diet?
Live resin is a type of extract that’s produced by scraping the resin glands of the cannabis plant. The glands are then placed in alcohol to extract the cannabinoids. After this, they’re usually consumed on their own or added to other products. Live resin is high in cannabinoids, including THC and CBD. Many people who consume live resin find that it provides numerous health benefits. Visit MMJExpress.cc online dispensary for all your cannabis needs.
Mix N Match – Budder / Live Resin / Shatter / Crumble / Diamonds / Wax / Caviar: 28G (4x 7G)Featured!
Mix N Match – Budder / Live Resin / Shatter / Crumble / Diamonds / Wax / Caviar: Quarter PoundFeatured!
Mix N Match 3 -High Voltage Live Resin 1GFeatured!
Mix N Match – Budder / Live Resin / Shatter / Crumble / Diamonds / Wax / Caviar: 14G (4x 3.5G)Featured!
Mix N Match – Budder / Live Resin / Shatter / Crumble / Diamonds / Wax / Caviar: 28G (8x 3.5G)Featured!
Mix N Match – Budder / Live Resin / Shatter / Crumble / Diamonds / Wax / Caviar: 7x 1GFeatured!
Mix N Match – Budder / Live Resin / Shatter / Crumble / Diamonds / Wax / Caviar: 28x 1GFeatured!
Mix N Match – Budder / Live Resin / Shatter / Crumble / Diamonds / Wax / Caviar: 14x 1GFeatured!
One thought on “Cannabis Live Resin: What It Is, How It Works, and Everything You Need to Know”