CBD, or cannabidiol, is a natural, non-psychoactive substance that is extracted from cannabis plants. Because CBD has been shown to have a number of beneficial effects on the body, CBD oil has been getting increasingly popular among people who suffer from health problems as a natural alternative to conventional drugs.
In this article, we will discuss what CBD oil is and how it works, as well as health conditions that CBD oil can help with.
What is CBD oil?
CBD oil is made by mixing extracted cannabidiol into a carrier oil such as coconut oil or hempseed oil. These oils can be purchased legally without a prescription. CBD comes in all different forms, such as capsules, tinctures, or topicals.
CBD is a natural substance that does not have any psychoactive properties. This means that it will not make you high or stoned like THC, the main psychoactive cannabinoid that makes you “high.”
How does CBD work?
CBD works by interacting with the body’s endocannabinoid system (ECS) which is responsible for regulating many important functions, including mood, sleep, appetite, pain sensation, and immune response. The ECS is made up of specialized neurons that are clustered together in different parts of the brain and other parts of the body. These neurons use neurotransmitters to communicate with each other.
As a result of this interaction with the ECS, CBD can help activate serotonin receptors in the brain. Serotonin is an important chemical for maintaining mood balance as well as healthy sleep patterns. It helps regulate mood swings, depression symptoms, sleep cycles, appetite, anxiety levels, and more.
Health conditions that CBD can help with
- Crohn’s Disease – Crohn’s disease is a type of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) that causes inflammation in the digestive tract. It can lead to stomach pain, diarrhea, weight loss, and fatigue. The exact cause of Crohn’s is unknown, but it may be related to genetics and environmental factors. Because CBD has an anti-inflammatory effect, it can help alleviate intestinal inflammation and associated pain.
- Insomnia – Insomnia is the most prevalent sleep disorder that affects millions of people every year. It is characterized by difficulty falling asleep at night and staying asleep throughout the night. Insomnia can be caused by physical or emotional factors, or it may also occur as a result of certain medications or other medical conditions. CBD help improve the quality of sleep, but it can also help relieve anxiety, stress, and pain that may be the cause of insomnia.
- Chronic Pain – Chronic pain is the pain that persists for more than 3 months. It can happen anywhere in your body. It is a serious condition that can affect your daily activities such as working and enjoying a social life. Pain medications such as opioids can cause some serious side effects including slowed breathing, drowsiness, and addiction. CBD can be a natural alternative for people on these medications.
- Side Effects of Cancer Treatment – Cancer treatment, especially chemotherapy, can be a long, unbearable process for patients. It requires a lot of physical and emotional strength to go through cancer treatments. Side effects of the cancer treatment vary from person to person but often include anemia, loss of appetite, pain, and nausea. Studies have shown that CBD can relieve nausea, vomiting, and pain, which are some of the most common side effects of cancer treatments.
- Epilepsy – Epilepsy is a condition in which abnormal electrical activity in the brain causes seizures. The severity of the seizures can vary from person to person, but there are some symptoms that are more common than others. These include temporary confusion, convulsions, loss of consciousness, and involuntary body movements. CBD may help reduce the frequency of seizures by activating CB1 receptors in the brain which is a part of the body’s endocannabinoid system.
Side effects of CBD
Although it’s usually well-tolerated, there are some risks associated with CBD use. The most common side effects of CBD are dry mouth, drowsiness, reduced appetite, and diarrhea. The side effects of CBD use are often the result of CBD interacting with other medications, such as antidepressants and heart medications. If you are taking any medications or supplements, consult your doctor before trying CBD.
CBD is a natural, plant-based product that is used for its health benefits. The reason why CBD is so popular is that it doesn’t produce any high and it has no serious side effects. However, the interaction between CBD and medications may cause side effects, it’s important to take CBD oil under the careful supervision of your doctor if you are on any type of medication.
At MMJExpress.cc, we offer many CBD products to meet your needs and preferences, including oils, tinctures, topicals, and edibles.